Music Theory Marking by Victoria Williams
You are welcome to use my marking services for support with music theory exercises or exam practice papers (or anything else to do with music theory!)
Send your work to me by email and I will return it to you a few days later with comments and advice.
Payment is for a minimum 30 minutes (£17).
The time each batch takes will be deducted from your credit balance in minutes.
- Work at your own pace
- Get a written record of your progress
- No travel costs
- No cancellation fees
- Fit around your schedule
Existing students only! New students – please email me first.
🟡 IMPORTANT: Use of this service assumes you have agreed to the terms and conditions set out here:
Which boards/exams/grades do you mark?
Music Theory for any board: ABRSM grades 1-8, Trinity grades 1-AmusTCL, AMEB, AP Music Theory etc. plus LCM Composition
Do you mark GCSE or A Level work?
Do you mark LmusTCL work?
Sorry, no, but I’m happy to give advice – do get in touch!
Do you offer in-person lessons?
Yes, but I don’t often have any free spots. I teach in South Cambridegshire – please get in touch.
Do you offer lessons over Zoom or similar?
Can you send me copies of past exam papers?
No – past exam papers are copyright material and you must buy your own.
How many exercises can I send at a time?
For best results, send in your exercises/past papers one at a time, and wait for feedback before attempting the next exercise/paper. This will help you to iron out persistent mistakes.
Please note that I will usually mark up to a maximum of one hour per day per person.
What qualifications do you have?
I have an honours degree in music from Leeds University (specialising in musicology). I hold the Trinity music theory diplomas AmusTCL and LmusTCL and grade 8 composition from LCM. My principal instrument is the clarinet, and I also teach piano and general woodwind as a visiting music teacher and school band director.
How do I get in touch with you?
How it Works
- Email me with your requirements. Please send an image (NOT PDF!) of your work.
- I will do a quick assessment and write back to you, with an estimate of time/cost. (If your work is mostly correct, it will be very quick to mark. If there are a lot of mistakes it will take longer. Higher grades require more time than lower ones, and so on).
- If you accept this evaluation, you can use the PayPal button on this page to pay now. Minimum payment is for 30 minutes.
- When the payment has been received, you can then send your work by email as frequently as you wish.
- I will reply within 4 working days (excluding weekends and some holidays). Usually I reply within 24 hours!
- You will need to be able to either photograph or scan your answers in order to attach them by email. JPG preferred.
- I will reply by email with marks, comments and advice (or just marks, if that’s what you want), and let you know how many minutes have been used up. (I calculate to the nearest minute).
How Much Will it Cost?
Every student’s work is different, but these average costs can be a guide. The times here include detailed explanations. If you require marks only, it will be quicker. (If you need more than 30 minutes, multiples of 30-minute blocks can be purchased or you can top up your account later on).
If you require urgent/same day return the fee is £25 per 30 minutes – please email me first to check availability.
- Complete past paper, grades 1-3: 5-15 minutes
- Complete past paper, grades 4-5: 10-20 minutes
- One question (questions 1-3) grades 6-8: 10-20 minutes
- Complete past paper, grades 6-8: 30-60 minutes
- AmusTCL chorale/orchestration/composition: 30 mins (each)
It will be quicker (and therefore cheaper for you!) to mark your exercises if you can send them in the following format:
- JPG or PNG image (not PDF).
- Good resolution (at least 900px width).
- Rotated to the correct side up.
If you decide that the marking service is not up to your expectations, please let me know why and I will refund your payment.
I advise you to always handwrite your answers, because computer music processing software usually automatically corrects mistakes, aligns notes and so on. (Exception – for LCM Composition exams, music files are preferred but not mandatory).
Students usually choose their own study materials. However, if you are not sure what level you are or what you need/want to study next, I can advise.
Please send image files (jpg or png)! Your images should be at least 1000px wide in resolution.
MyMusicTheory is owned by VKW Education. You may see this business name on Paypal’s pages.